February 27, 2012

Warm Pink Bronze FOTD



Recently the lovely Tanya Burr aka Pixi2woo on YouTube did recreate the makeup from this beautiful Tom Ford editorial picture.
I used her video as my inspiration to recreate a warm eye look mixing bronze and cranberry colors.





Makeup Breakdown.
Face:
Clarins Ever Matte foundation in 108 - review coming soon
Estee Lauder Daywear concealer in Light under the eyes
Clarins Eclat Minute Liquid Blush in 02 (Coral Tonic)
Burberry Bronzer in 01
Clarins Ever Matte Mineral Powder in 01 on T-zone - review coming soon


Eyes:
Mac Tempting as a base
Shu Uemura ME Red 160 (similar to Mac Cranberry) on top of it
Mac Romp in the crease
YSL Faux Cils


Lips:
Toned down for daytime, so gloss only: Mac Lap Of Luxury (LE - Fabulous Felines)


A word on the Clarins Eclat Minute Blush.
For some reason, the pink color 01 is not available in my country, so I cannot make any comparisons, but I am quite disappointed in the Coral I got. This is so so sheer that even on my pale skin, it's hard to make it show up. I have patted it on and layered it as much as I can, and you do end up seeing there is "something" on the cheeks, but there is no color a all.
The only thing this blush really brings to this look is that it adds some light (because it's a bit glittery) to the cheeks on top of the matte foundation. Other than that, it doesn't do anything - I'm really sad about it.





10 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the eyes! Gorgeous! Such a shame about the Clarins blushes, I had my eye on them but I have to say I did hear that they were quite sheer. Oh well, at least I'll save my money now! x

    http://athingforbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I'm glad it saved you some money at least ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this look. Warm cranberry colours are lovely on you. How disappointing, I liked the look of the Clarins blushes :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty on you! Great eyeshadow with your hair and eye color. So I took your rec and checked out the Illamasqua blushes at Sephora this evening... wow. I loved the peach-- but there was also this gorgeous plummy color that I fell in love with on the spot and is now being added to my growing blush wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, name names! :) Glad you found something you loved, these are my favorite blushes!

      Delete
  4. I prefer your version of the eye. Its just a hint more cranberry and it looks so much more rich!!! Loveit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, it is great to think of other colour combination sometimes we just using what the "quad" tell us. I have to say I used Guerlain quad starina the raspberry burgundy colour on the lid, in the crease, Anna Sui eyeshadow duo (I do not remember the name but it is a dark cranberry) and MAC bronze right above the socket of the eyes. It look great and I shop my stash :)
    As for Clarins, it is not a brand that I usually gravitate, I have one palette and one eyeshadow single love them both ( eyeshadows are smooth, well pigmented and blend well) but I have to force myself to used them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've mostly used Clarins for skincare but I do think they have some good makeup products.

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!