March 12, 2012

Current Skincare Routine


My skincare routine has recently changed, since we're now close to Spring, so I thought I'd update you on it. Look at that happy family!


I know, it kind of looks like I am heavily sponsored by one brand, but I'm not: I paid for everything with my well-earned money!
Let me talk you through my routine in detail.





Morning
As you probably know, I never use moisturizer in the morning, only serum then foundation.
Esthederm Eau Cellulaire is the nice pshiiit I like to spritz to wake me up.
REN Radiance Perfecting Serum dries very quickly, leaving a nice glow on the skin,
and forming a perfect base for makeup.
REN Active 7 Eye gel is fresh and feels so nice, it helps fighting puffiness and is also
perfect under makeup, as it sinks it very fast.




Night.
REN Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate is an oily serum. It contains natural retinoid that is supposed to be better tolerated by the skin than chemical retinoid (although I don't have issues with that).
If you want, you can add another serum on top of it, but I currently don't.
REN Lipovector Smoothing Eye Contour Cream is a richer formula than the gel I use in the morning.
It's not too greasy, sinks in, fast, and works as an anti-ageing, anti-wrinkle product.
Estee Lauder Daywear Cream is a daycream, I know, but I have yet to find something that my skin likes better for night time, so I stick with it for now.



Weekly.
Once or twice a week, I replace my night face products by Avène Clenance K, which contains
AHA-BHA and chemically exfoliates the skin.
Once a week in the morning (often on Sundays), I use the REN F10 Smooth and Renew Mask that leaves my skin glowing and feeling plump. Full review here.


Day & Night: the hardcore cleansing duo!
I forgot about these in the group pic, yet they are at the core of a good skincare routine!
Bioderma Crealine H20 is what I use in the morning for the face and at night to remove eye makeup.
Shu Uemura Skin Purifier cleansing oil for dry skin is my night cleanser as it removes my makeup.
I don't use anything else before or after as this just removes everything.



In case of emergency!
Avène Diacneal (glycolic acid) on blemishes and La Roche Posay Effaclar AI on clogged pores.
La Roche Posay Cicaplast to soothe chapped skin, and as a makeup primer on dry patches.




Let me know if you have any questions!

8 comments:

  1. We use the same products to remove makeup! Only I have oily-combination skin, so I use the pink Shu cleansing oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the pink as well but found it a bit drying, then I got a sample of the orange and loved it so much I switched!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit, the "pshiiit" in your morning routine made me laugh. I think I can use some in the morning, too!

    I use Bioderma and Shu, too. The best combination of cleansing product!

    Question for you, do you also use any primer product after you use your AM serum? I'm trying to streamline my morning "face," but after skincare product (lotion or serum, a sunblock, and a primer) I feel like I have layers and layers of goo on my face before my foundation goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, under makeup, less is more. So it's either serum or sunscreen or for special occasions,primer, then foundation right on top. If I have very dry cheeks, I might add moisturiser just there.

      Delete
  3. I'm using the REN Radiance serum right now too - I think it feels lovely, but don't know how much brightening it's doing yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way too early to talk about long term results for me too but at least I love the glow I get from it!

      Delete
  4. This may be a slightly naive question... what is the difference between a serum and a moisturizer? xo Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In theory a serum has great skin are properties BUT is not moisturising enough on its own so must always be topped with a moisturiser. I say screw the rules! Lol I don't do heavy moisturising layers in the day.

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!