March 17, 2012

FOTD - Born To Die/Lana Del Ray inspired




I recently developped a little obsession for this song and for Lana Del Ray's iconography in general. Her sullen/bored 50's baby doll look is absolutely my cup of tea, so I've been wanting to recreate the cherry lip and liner look from Born To Die since I first saw it.
I was, however, missing a key element: the right lipstick color. A quick consultation on a makeup forum taught me that the best dupe for this color would be Revlon Cherries In The Snow, which I didn't own - that was solved by a little eBay shopping.


And so here I am, recreating this very dramatic look on a Saturday morning!
I tried to take pics with similar expressions but apparently, I can't do moody and pretty at the same time.








The über dramatic liner and the false lashes are obviously key to this look, as well as the lipstick.










Product Breakdown:


Chanel Perfection Lumiere B20, applied with Real Techniques angled foundation brush
Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer in Light
Rouge Bunny Rouge Starina blush
Mac Vanilla - UD Buck on the eyes
Blacktrack Fluidline liner
Lashes - Makeup For Ever, and a little coat of Bare Escentuals Magic Wand (perfect to combine your real lashes with the falsies)
Lips: Revlon Cherries in the Snow


I think I'm going to do this look again for my next night out with the girlfriends!

16 comments:

  1. Cherries in the Snow looks lush on you! Might have to invest. Enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this isn't bad at all! You've done well recreating it. I love the colour of the lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! I have Cherries in the Snow, but it's just 'turned', so I have to buy another one :(

    The lashes are great too. I think I'll try something similar in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that Winter is starting now for you!

      Delete
  4. I love your version of LDR's look, but your description of her "sullen/ bored baby doll look" takes the cake! It's so accurate.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! yes she looks perpetually bored, I guess that's the pout :)

      Delete
  5. Super, super fun! I love the red lips with that purple shirt, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is made for you, and YOU made my day <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lip color!

    --ricky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lana Del Rey...and I love that song. I am actually learning how to play Video Games on the guitar because I have a voice about as deep as hers, so I got so excited when I realized I could not only sing her songs but also they're fairly simple and I can play them on the guitar, too! Woot! I am every so slowly working on a response to your email!! I haven't forgotten! Promise!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!