April 3, 2012

Review: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30



I think I heard about Nars launching a Tinted Moisturizer well over a year ago. And I probably immediately thought that I'd like to try it. Put Nars on a base product and I'm the first in line.


But then when it launched I was hesitant. I was very scared that I would be disappointed in this, just as I have been with almost every tinted moisturizer I ever tried: they're just too heavy on my skin, they look greasy by noon, and they don't give as much coverage as I want on their own.
Which is why I kept on ignoring all the raves I was reading about this product all over the makeup forums.


So, what made me change my mind? Well, a little skin crisis I already told you about, which required me to stay away from foundation. Of course, I was happy with my Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer, but the situation was providing me with a good excuse to try another tinted moisturizer. And so I ordered it.


Well, I am so happy that I did!


Wearing Nars Pure Radiant TM in Finland - concealer applied under the eyes only
The Packaging.

A black plastic tube. Lightweight and portable - I'm just a little bit scared the lid isn't very solid and I might break it if I don't handle it with care, but other than that, it's just fine.

My experience with the product.


I got the ligthest shade available, which is Finland. It's about an NC15 with a yellow tone, which is perfect for me. (Too bad, though, that paler beauties or ladies with pink undertones won't find anything suitable - bad point, Nars, bad point!).
The product has a very light citrusy smell that fades away really quickly - nothing disturbing at all for me.

The texture is very easy to spread - that is thanks to the silicones in this, which might be a problem for some but for me that's not an issue. This is just so easy to apply with your fingers, you only need a minute. I must say that I have been wearing a regular moisturizer underneath as my skin is currently dehydrated.

The product does even out your skintone perfectly without hiding it, and the finish is absolutely stunning: not tacky at all when you touch it, but very luminous on the skin. You do look radiant, even if you have dry skin. I wasn't expecting such a sheer product to even out my skintone so well, nor so much luminosity to come from it without having to deal with stickyness. I was absolutely blown away by the look of this product.

And the best thing: it doesn't move all day. I do set my T-zone with a little bit of lose powder because I don't necessarily want to be glowy there, but the product just stays on all day beautifully.



See that lovely glow?
The verdict.
I did read that this is supposed to improve your skin over the course of a few weeks, we'll see how that goes but even if this doesn't get any better, I absolutely love this product.
I can totally see myself using this daily instead of foundation for the foreseeable future, at least if I don't need to hide too many skin uglies. But even when I started using this and still had some irritation marks and zits on my face, I did look much better wearing it anyway! 
A keeper!


The ingredients for the geeks.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS ( Octinoxate 7.4% Titanium Dioxide (6.1%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, butylene glycol, propanediol, diethylhexyl succinate, glycerin, nylon-12, cyclomethicone, peg-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl, dimethicone, peg-10, dimethicone, aluminum hydroxide, diphenylsiloxy phenyl thrimethicone, disteardimonium, hectorite, sorbitan sesquilsostearate, stearic acid, phenoxyethanol, polymethylsilsesquioxane, fragrance, dimethicone/vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, trisodium edta, aluminum distearate, talc, ascorbyl glucoside, polysilicone-2, vibrio alginolyticus ferment filtrate, tocophenerol, alteromonas ferment filtrate, sea salt, hydrogen dimethicone, bht, algae extract, sodium metabisulfite, curcuma longa (tumeric) root extract, potassium sorbate, ( /- may contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides)


Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 is available from Narscosmetics.com - €38, USD 42


6 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good review on this and now I've found it. Thanks very much, it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this new TM from Nars and feel the same way about it!! The coverage and finish is amazing and I have dry skin. This is perhaps one of the very few TM 's that works well on both dry and oily skin types. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great you liked it!!! I tried a sample of St-Moritz (I'm NC35) and loved the coverage and finish... however, since I have oily skin, it didn't help a thing :( My skin got oily really fast. It seems this is a great product for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the same shade too and my skin is oily, too! As you mentioned it didn't help my skin, since it got oilier pretty quickly. But the other downside is it gave me whiteheads!!! It was very frusturating, I was really looking forward for this product, probably silicone didn't do much for me.. Clinique moisture surge TM, you are still the one :)

      Delete
    2. Clinique Moisture Surge TM is a nice one, but I can only use it in Winter when I'm really dry, I find it way too moisturizing for combo/oily skin!
      But well, foundations vary so much from one skin to another :)

      Delete
    3. No, you are right it was definitely waaay to moisturizing for me too but I am a chronic blotting paper user so I kinda get used to it :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!