April 12, 2012

A bit of drama.

What do you do when you're home on a long holiday week-end and it's pouring outside? You play with makeup.
And since you're not really going anywhere, you don't need to make the look wearable :)







Used:
Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Finland
Illamasqua Hussy blush

For the eyes:
Nars Primer
Illamasqua cream pigment in Hollow
Illamasqua pencil in Severe (plummy red) along the upper lash line
Illamasqua eyeshadows in Daemon (red, on the lid) Vulgar (orange, to blend out the edges) and Gimp (slate grey, outer V) and pigments in Fervent (on top of the red) and Furore (higlight).
YSL Faux-Cils mascara in black
Illamasqua brow cake in Thunder



I wasn't too sure about what to put on the lips. If I had been going on a night out, I would probably have worn a red (Maneater?) but I decided to be daring and try a black. I added Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Revulse.
I must say it was hard to make it opaque, I should have used a black pencil (Sophie) as a base.





I'll admit I'm not too crazy about this lip but I adore the eye look! I will definitely be doing it again next time I have a night out, I think it suits me better than an all black smokey. And I didn't even need false lashes!

What's the lastest über dramatic look you wore?

8 comments:

  1. I really love the eyes, but I have to admit that I'm not too crazy about the black lip either! The reds look gorgeous on your eyes though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In complete agreeance on the black lip lol. I do love that eye look though! Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the creativity of this! Thanks for posting about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reds look gorgeous on you! I'm not too crazy about the black lip either though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone. I adore the eye look but am not crazy about the black lip. I never would have thought that red would look so good on the eyes. I also can't think of anyone that a black lip would look good on in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in agreement about the lip, but the eyes are so rad! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look, I love the eyes!

    e x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!