April 10, 2012

I killed them because I love them




My Urban Decay Book of Shadows #1 and 2.


When I first got the BoS 1, I had just gotten into makeup, I didn't own many eyeshadows and so I was using it loads. Then I got more things, forgot about it a little bit, never used #2 too much either and then, as my collection grew, I had to move these beauties to another place because they were taking too much space in my eyeshadow drawer.


What I don't see, I don't use - sad, but true. So I decided that if I wanted to get back to using my Book of Shadows more, I needed to make them less bulky and more portable.
Removing the eyeshadows from the cardboard is very easy, you just need to leverage them with a knife (there are tons of tutorials on YouTube)


The eyeshadows are now living in a Mac 15 pans palette (of which I removed the grid)








It still needs proper labelling and double-sided tape so the eyeshadows won't move, but you get the idea. Now this palette can go back to my regular eyeshadow drawer :)




Do you depot your palettes?



12 comments:

  1. I used to depot my palettes, but I stopped because I couldn't find the eyeshadows that I knew were originally in a palette. But, yours is cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, it's why I kept them together and in their original order.

      Delete
  2. When I read the first part I thought you used them all. I was like good job. I can't remember last time I used up an eyeshadow. haha. Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I probably hit pan like once every 5 years!

      Delete
  3. I depot certain palettes, Urban Decay being one. I don't have any of the BOSes, but ones I did depot were flimsy cardboard things that took up far too much room. I find that having them in a palette like the MAC palette or the Z Palette makes it much more likely that I'll actually use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that will work better this way for me too!

      Delete
  4. I too have depotted my Alice in Wonderland and Naked(1) because they were just so so chunky and sitting unloved in a drawer :( whilst they are indeed beautiful to look at, they're unpractical for travel
    I now store them into a large Z palette together with my MAC depotted eyeshadows and use them all the time :) if you need any sticky magnetized tape i still have absolute loads left, happy to send you some if you'd like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan on touching my AiW, as it's a collector!
      Thanks for the offer, I have everything I need :)

      Delete
  5. I usually depot smaller palettes like trios and quads, but have never depotted a big one before! I agree though that UD BoS are quite bulky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely the easiest depots I've ever done!

      Delete
  6. I haven't depotted anything yet but I am beginning to think about it... I like having my little quads and trios because it limits my choices and it makes it easier to figure out what to wear on any given morning. But space IS becoming an issue, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I'm not a depotter at heart, I prefer things to stay together like they were intended, but space being limited, I had no choice!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!