April 1, 2012

March Favorites

I'll tell you more on that when it's definitely behind me, but I had a bit of a skin crisis for the second part of the month. I'm blaming stress, hard water, and possibly a combination of not moisturizing enough and using foundations containing alcohol.
So there's actually a lot of skincare in my favorites of this past month.






Bioderma Micellar Water.


The only thing I use for cleansing right now, in combination with the next product.




Avène Thermal Spring Water.


No tap water is touching my face at the moment, this is what has replaced it, and seriously, this has saved my skin in crisis time more than once in the past, and it's still working its magic at the moment as I could definitely see some improvement after just a few days of spraying it morning and night.





Ünt Derma Oasis Hydro Surge Recovery Gel.


It's all in the name! If your skin is severely dehydrated, this will recreate a film on top of your skin to help it heal and retain its moisture. It works perfectly under makeup, or as a mask in thick layer at night. I can't say enough thanks to the friend who sent it to me!



Embryolisse Lait-Crème concentré.


This also works great as a base under makeup or as a night treatment. Unlike some rich creams for dry skin, this doesn't clog my pores on the T-zone where I'm still mostly normal to oily.




Clinique Moisture Surge.

When your skin looks like the desert and most foundations in your collection contain alcohol, it's time to look for an alternate solution! I was also advised to give my skin a break while it heals by using tinted moisturizer only. That's where this one enters the scene. It gives me moisture through the day (on top of another moisturizer like the Ünt gel) and it does give a very good coverage - more than some foundations, actually.

Chanel Spring Nail Polishes - April and June.


When your face is a mess, you have to find another playground for color and nails are just perfect. I've really been enjoying those 2 colors and the great formulation of Chanel nailpolishes.




What were your favorites this month?

9 comments:

  1. This month I tried a new makeup brand Youngblood, it was on Hautelook and I purchase the "highlighter" Riviera which is more a bronzer and a blush Sugar Plum (I really don't see any plum in this blush) I was a little disappointed with the internet description but really happy with the quality of the makeup. I will repurchase if Hautelook do another sale but will keep in mind to expect a different colour. I have to say I like surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dustin Hunter on YT raves about Youngblood, I'm not surprised the quality is good - I have never tried though.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having problems! I relocated to Europe from the US last year, and I have been faithfully using cleansing pads with glycolic and salicylic acid to clean my face twice a day (no water) for a few years. Shortly after they ran out, my skin started breaking out all over (more like bumps than whiteheads). I suspected it might be the hard water here. I had more pads sent from the US, and my skin cleared up afterward. I'm going to take your advice and try the Avène water in the future. p.s. I hate what the hard water does to my hair too -- bye bye, shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, don't tell me about it! When I go on holidays somewhere I'm always amazed at how beautiful my hair is just because of the change in water!

      Delete
  3. Sorry that you've been having problems, skin problems are awful!! I adore Avene Thermal Spring Water as well, always keep it in my bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never leave it again, that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  4. Great nail polish picks!!

    Amy
    okayeamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just found your blog and loving it. I'm also a fan of Bioderma and Avene products (recommended by a dermatologist years ago), but sometimes I stray into the world of new and shiny beauty launches...

    I've been recommended to only use micellar water to cleanse skin and not to use tap water (also hard where I live) or detergents, but I always struggle with one problem: I simply can't shower and/or wash my hair without getting my face wet! How do you do it? I've considered massaging some essential oil into my face before showering to create a sort of "barrier", but I wonder if it would do more harm (clogged pores, etc) than good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree that this is a problem. The easiest thing to do is to rinse your face with the Avene water after you had a shower, so any deposit from the tap water gets rinsed off. That is what I'm doing.

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!