May 28, 2012

Bright Summery Adventures of a Lipstick Bandit






Finally, what looks like Summer has arrived here this past week, after what felt like a 9 months long Fall.
And for us Lipstick Bandits, Summer calls for a completely different repertoire of lip colors!
Although I have been known to wear pretty much any color at any time of the year, these first weeks of Summer where the temperatures get really hot just work better with some bright shades than, say, with a classic red - at least in my opinion.


I know everyone is thinking of coral as the ultimate Summer color - and I do love one good Coral lipstick on a sunny day. But for me, nothing beats a blue based bright pink. Magenta for the win!
So here's one of my colors of choice : Illamasqua Atomic.






So many good things to say about this lipstick: it is so pigmented that you just have to put on one layer of it to stain your lips in the whole day. And it will fade elegantly - so it's definitely a good choice if you're spending a day outside in the sun.
The texture is matte but there are some duochrome bluey reflects in this gorgeous pink color, so it doesn't look flat at all on the lips.
Bonus: it does make your teeth look whiter. 





With this kind of shade, you don't really need much else on the face, blush and mascara will be perfect, liner if you feel in the mood for it (a bright blue would be perfection), or just a wash of shimmery cream shadow.

Seriously, what's not to like? Illamasqua Atomic is definitely one of my favorite Summer brights!

Find out what the other Lipstick Bandits are wearing for Summer!

17 comments:

  1. I love stains for summer - so much easier than glossy, smear-prone lipsticks! This is a lovely color. I've never tried Illamasqua's lipsticks, but they come in so many great colors that they always catch my eye. It looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larie! This is really long lasting and comfortable to wear!

      Delete
  2. Ah, I love this magenta on you! It is indeed great for summer, and the teeth-whitening thing is such a bonus. Have tried Illamasqua's lipgloss but never their lipsticks, but rectify this soon, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the mattes are a bit dry but they're all very long lasting and I love them!

      Delete
  3. Lipstick that makes your teeth look whiter? Yes please, thank you! :D Lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all these bright fuchsia lipsticks these days. This one looks so pretty on you! You're converting me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty on you, and I love your hair in that style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just done quickly with the Babylyss Wave Envy!

      Delete
  6. That is a perfect shade on you! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!