May 16, 2012

FOTD with the Illamasqua Neutral Palette from Human Fundamentalism





So I had been eyeing this palette since it launched, but I tried to be reasonable and reminded myself of the thirty billion neutrals I already own.
That was until I did some shopping in London last week-end on my way back from the Pixiwoo makeup school. I stopped by the Illamasqua counter, chit chatted with the makeup artists I had met last year, swatched the palette and... had to have it. (I know, I can't be helped, can I?)


The colors are extremely wearable, with the perfect mix of 3 mattes and one shimmery eyeshadows (that's the balance I tend to use in most looks), a light color that is very close to my skin tone and mostly, very good pigmentation and blending qualities. Definitely the kind of palette that you take along for a week-end away (that's another good excuse I always use when buying palettes, even though I hardly ever go anywhere).


I used it to do a quick smokey eye, using the cream shade as an all-over wash, the gold along the lashes, the brown in the crease and the black as a liner and to darken the outer V. Repeat under the lower lashline and you're ready to go.







Illamasqua Neutral palette, available from Illamasqua online and at counters for £30.


14 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty on you, I'm tempted to get this palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing palette - I adore Illmasqua and neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are forgiven! Now come visit me for a weekend and bring this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too far for a week-end, I would need SEVERAL palettes ;)

      Delete
  4. This is stunning - you created a wonderful look! I have been lusting after this palette!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's definitely worth checking!

      Delete
  5. This looks like it contains pretty much every shade I'll never need, and I love the look you've created with it x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already have similar colors, but that palette looks amazing. I think I could find many different uses for it. That's what I tell myelf to justify buying even more neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always find the best reasons, don't we? :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!