May 10, 2012

Regrets - Products I tried that weren't worth it.

The good thing with travelling is that you're getting to try new things that you don't find at home, or to buy stuff for your journey that you don't normally use. Some are good surprises and some not so much...

Essie No Chip Ahead Top Coat

Before leaving I had planned on getting a shellac manicure, so I wouldn't have to worry about my nails for a couple of weeks while I was travelling. Then things didn't go according to plan, I didn't get my manicure, but I thought I could try that Essie top coat that promises 10 days with no shipping. Of course, when it sounds too good to be true, it often is.

I used this on top of Illamasqua Bacterium, which is probably my nail polish that lasts the longest with no base or top coat, about 5 days I would say. Bummer, after 48 hours there were signs of shipping and after 4 days my nails were a total disaster. Bottom line: this top coat is totally useless in terms of longevity.

Boots cucumber makeup up remover wipes.

When you're doing a makeup course, unless your school hires models, you are going to have makeup put on your face and removed several times over the course of a day, so other students can practice on you. We have those wipes available to remove our makeup and while they're quick and easy to use and very portable, I really don't recommend them. First of all, I find them quite harsh on the skin (they're supposed to be for sensitive skin), and have thought so from the first time I've used them, so I know it's not me getting sensitive because of the multiple uses. Secondly, they don't fully remove makeup. If I use a cotton and Bioderma right after I am done removing my makeup with a wipe, I will still have lots of makeup coming off onto the cotton. I definitely would not use this as my main makeup remover unless I use a proper cleanser afterwards!

Botanics Hydrating Shampoo (from Boots)

I forgot to bring shampoo and I have dry ends, I thought this would be a good one to try. Unfortunately it just made my hair flat, not very manageable, and feeling a bit gooey - as if I had not rinsed off thoroughly. Not the best feeling. After a few uses, I gave up and switched to an Aussie Shampoo which I'm liking much better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!