June 10, 2012

Gold Explosion FOTD

Earlier this week, Viola at KillerColours posted this Solstice look and it filled me with awe. I don't have much in common with her in terms of features (or, hum, age) and I don't own all the products she used (Sleek matte palette) but I HAD to give it a try.
So here goes.





My Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice is getting a bit old and harder to work with, so I ended up putting more than I wanted on one eye - which is impossible to remove or blend out - so I had to match the other. Even though it works, I wish the purple had been showing more. I rarely wear purples, but I think that they work great when combined with gold and black!

Breakdown, if you're interested:

FACE
Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in #2
Becca Loose powder in Sesame
Illamasque Tremble blush

EYES
Mac Shale, Trax, Nocturnelle and Beauty Marked eyeshadows
Estee Lauder khol in black (from this year's spring collection)
Illamasqua liquid metal in Solstice
YSL Faux Cils

Nothing on the lips, there was enough action on the eyes for my liking. And yes, I did go shopping and wore that out :)



11 comments:

  1. I love this look!! I wear bright eye looks out to the shops all the tim, so good on you! I find that purple doesn't really flatter me but I adore it when it is paired with gold, so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combination on you. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful- that gold is so stunning. It all looks so beautiful with your colouring.
    www.missashiibeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now *I'm* filled with awe -- love it when you get playful and inspired, M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, that is a beautiful gold look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dis donc, Madame Septante Sept, je suis CONTENTE de te retrouver !
    J'ignore si tu me remets, après tout peu importe, mais ça faisait longtemps longtemps que je me demandais où tu étais sur la toile =) C'est via Lambda que j'ai directement reconnu tes yeux sur un de ses postes, j'en étais toute chose dis donc...
    Comme je sais que tu es belge (et moi aussi), j'en profite pour te demander si tu sais où on peut trouver des produits Bare Minerals chez nous, vu que moi et mon teint, faut toujours que j'essaie... Sans trop me tromper =)
    Belle journée ! Contente !! Promis, t'inquiète, je m'arrête là dans mes effusions mais je garde précieusement l'adresse de ton blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damned, trahie par les yeux ;-)))
      Suis bien navrée de ne pouvoir t'aider, Madame Gridou, mais je n'en ai aucune idée! J'ai plutôt tendance à faire ce genre d'achat en France ou sur internet (beautybay ou hqhair généralement) et je n'ai jamais vu leurs produits chez nous :(

      Delete
  8. Oh!!! I love that so much! Sooo pretty! I think I have similar enough colors to give it a try! Woot. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Super stunning. And I really appreciate it that you wore it out! I wore a crazy bright green eyeshadow look out today and matched it to my green cowboy boots. I got a lot of comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!
    Visit my blog, we can follow each others
    http://www.armocromia.com/2012/06/ysl-fall-2012-make-up-collection_12.html
    Misspeony

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!