July 19, 2012

Everyday smokey eye, the Viola (aka KillerColours) way

Today I'm wearing this look:









that I created with this palette:




And the result looks like this:







I took me about 5 minutes and one brush (a Mac 217), really it's nothing complicated, perfect for everyday or for any kind of occasion if you add black liner or intensify the colors a bit.













I used the third shadow from the right (matte mid-tone brown) all over the lid, the dark slightly shimmery blue (third from the left) on the outer corner and the shimmery white as a highlight.






I usually prefer a matte highlither, I find shimmery ones look a bit dated and this one is quite shimmery for my liking. However I really wanted to create a full look using this palette only, and the two light shades are both shimmery. I think it's pretty nevertheless.
The pencil I used on the waterline is Mac Chromographic in NC15-NW20.


Other products used: Chanel Vitalumiere in B30 (because I'm wearing a bit of fake tan at the moment so I can PRETEND this is Summer), Gyvenchy Les Frangipaniers bronzer, Illamasqua Naked Rose blush, Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in Silhouette.


Do you wear smokey eyes during the day? Do you create them with a special technique?



7 comments:

  1. I like the straight hair:) I passed on this palette and really regret it, the colours there are so pretty. you look very happy here :)you did and amazing brow job btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look on you. I enjoyed watching the tutorial too, I found it especially interesting as I never take colour as high nor do I take colour under the lashes. I'll have to give this one a go :D
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really nice natural version of a smoky eye! Love it! I want to try Chanel Vitalumiere too!


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ou, what a lovely look! And I must add that I love your denim {jacket]? =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eyes look amazing! I love when you do tutorials using colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My big "trick" for a smokey eye is the Smashbox Waterproof Shadow LIners. I got a few from QVC, they used to be in a glass jar with a great brush. I have one that's like a figgy plum and another that's a brownish bronze. I LOVE them. I apply over a shimmery champagne shadow (cover girl) and then use the brush it came with to draw a decent width line from outer corner in, and then go back over the outer end again to darken and "flare" it. If I really wanna look like a hooker, I go over with a matching and slightly darker shadow. Then a ton of black mascara. I ONLY do the top lid, I have seriuos circles so anything underneath makes me look ridiculous.



    accordingtoame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!