August 31, 2012

August Favorites

I hate seeing the end of August. I do like September and its pretty leaves and sunny days (when we have them) but once August is gone, it means stress is back, traffic jams area back, and crappy weather will be back too.
I did, however, enjoy August a lot. We had fantastic weather all month, and so I did change my makeup routine quite a lot, found something that worked and stuck with it all month. So here are my favorites.



This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle.

I have been using this daily, as it's a perfect base for makeup in hot temperatures: it keeps you rather matte, smooth, and it gives you a bit of color. A great staple for the hot months!


Diorskin Nude Freshglow Mineral Foundation SPF 10.

This has been in my drawers for a long time as it's a slightly dark color that requires me to be to be fake tanned. I have used it on top of the Perfect Look, only applied on the T zone with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, so that my imperfection would be blurred and I would say shine free most of the day. This, however, doesn't have a slight matte finish so it gives the skin some luminosity, and it's not drying. Perfect summer foundation. I couldn't be bothered to wear liquid when it was 30°C outside!


Illamasqua Naked Rose.

Yes, again. Worn almost every day of the month on top of bronzer. It goes with anything so it's a no-brainer.

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Rouge Croisière.
I never wear lipgloss. I bought this on an impulse, with its matching nailpolish, and so I made myself wear it to justify the purchase. But actually I have enjoyed it a lot: it's not too sticky (which is what I hate with lipglosses), it's pretty and very easy to wear because it's much more sheer than it looks in the tube. So it's just a perfect touch of glossy color for Summer, where you don't always want to wear a heavy lipstick, and it's also a nice shade that goes with everything. Perfect with sunglasses too :)

Taaj Micellar Water from the Himalaya.

When I reviewed this, I said I wasn't crazy about its smell. Also, I don't find it removes makeup as well as Bioderma (even though it's close). But I feel this is doing something for my skin. I can't put my finger on it, but it makes me look plump and glowy and hydrated. So I might well buy a full size bottle when the small one is used up (which will be soon). I guess the scent kind of grew on me and I can live with it now.


What were your favorite this month?

1 comment:

  1. Love the Dior gloss.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!