August 13, 2012

This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle


A little while ago, I saw this product featured in a video by Lisa Eldridge, who is probably my biggest provider of lemmings when it comes to beauty.
So of course, I checked it out online and decided to give it a try!

This Works.
The brand is UK based, including for manufacturing. They aim at being socially responsible by using fair trade and sustainable ingredients (organic when possible), recyclable packagings, and they avoid the use of nasty stuff such as phthalates, sulphates, synthetic colours and fragrance, parabens, GMOs, mineral oils, petrolatum, propylene glycol.
Good brand ethos in my book!

What the brand says about the product.
An instant tinted skin perfector that hydrates and brightens.

MODERN: A miracle-effect, tinted moisturiser that provides instant radiance as well as long term hydrating and replenishing benefits to the skin.
NATURAL: Naturally effective Caramel and Mica provide a subtle skin tint. Potent vitamin C and anti-inflammatory vitamin E diminishes skin imperfections while Hyaluronic acid delivers long lasting hydration while fighting free radicals.
BEAUTY: Not only preps the skin for make-up. You can also wear it alone. Suitable for all skin types and colours, its non-greasy texture quickly absorbs into the skin, so you can achieve a glow at a moment's notice.

The Packaging.

A 30 ml tube that comes with a pump. Light, portable, not breakable and very easy to use, the pump delivers as little as you want. Great job.

My experience with the product.

This is tinted, and this is a moisturizer, but this is not a tinted moisturizer the way Laura Mercier or Nars do it - don't be fooled by the name. They say the tint is subtle, and this is the correct word in my opinion. There is a slight tint to the cream, which very lightly smell of caramel and does look like it indeed, but once applied and blended into the skin, it is really subtle. You are definitely not going to go up a shade by only using this, or you'd have to layer it maybe but I don't know how that would look in the end.
What the product does, however, is give a slightly warmer appearance to the skin and slightly even it out.
Here's my naked mug wearing only Perfect Look Skin Miracle:




Once applied, the product sets rather quickly and it does set matte. It leaves the skin soft and prepped for makeup, or you can simply wear it alone. It is not the most moisturizing product I've ever tried, I doubt dry skin could get along with this alone (you could use a serum underneath though) but for my combination skin it is perfect, so I do use it as my daytime moisturizer, I think it's great for Summer as it mattifies and the hint of color goes unnoticed (in Winter it might look weird since I'm so pale).
Caution: there's alcohol in it so if you're dry or sensitive to that, be warned.


Bottom Line.
A good product that is free from nasties and will work very well for normal to oily skin (dry skin - not so sure), great base for makeup but will work on its own. This is not a tinted moisturizer in the foundation sense of the term.
Retails for £28.

Ingredients list for the science nerds.

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Caramel, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Alcohol Denat., Xylitylglucosides, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol Acetate, Tapioca Starch Polymethylsilsequioxane, Ribes Nigrum Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Anyhydroxylitol, Mica, Hydrogenated Macadamia Seed Oil, Xylitol, Parfum, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Mahonia Aquifolium Root Extract, Laureth-7, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, CI 778

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog a lot, but I don't think I've ever commented before -- I'm so glad you reviewed this! I was also tempted by that same Lisa Eldridge video and have been on the fence about it ever since. (The color looked a little frightening.) My skin tends to be dry so I'll probably give it a pass.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!