September 28, 2012

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Cream - SPF15


Caudalie has been getting quite a lot of hype recently on the beauty blogosphere. Yet, it's nothing new where I live, we've had these products around for years and to be perfectly honest, I did have some issues with the ones I tried many many years ago - issues that I attribute to the heavy frangrance contained in those products.

However I felt like giving this product a try, because while I was researching what I could use instead of my beloved This Works Perfect Skin Miracle (which is tinted and too dark for me now),  it came up as something with similar effect and properties.

What the brand says:
A correcting, perfecting, and nourishing face cream.

This luxurious face cream is rich in patented vine sap viniferine and has a remarkable effect on existing blemishes—pregnancy stretch marks, scars, age spots, marks due to sun damage, and hormone imbalances. It contains a concentrate of active ingredients to treat and correct and revives the radiance of the complexion in an instant. Day after day, the skin seems transformed: imperfections and dark spots are diminished, the skin texture is refined, and the complexion becomes more even. The texture of the fluid melts onto the skin for a naturally perfect and luminous result, leaving skin remarkably radiant.

Formulates without:  Parabens - Sulfates - Synthetic Dyes - Petrochemicals - Phthalates - GMOs
 - Triclosan   


My experience with the product:

In a few reviews I was able to found, this was described as a product that would make you look like you were wearing foundation, so my expectations were relatively high.

This comes out of the tube as a peach colored fluid, that isn't oily at all and is absorbed really quickly by the skin. In fact, you have to use a good amount for it to spread easily. I should say too that there is a very light smell but it disappears quickly, so it shouldn't bother anybody.
The skin is left radiant and I would say mattified as well, but other than that, there is no way I could get along with wearing this only. It's definitely not a replacement for a foundation or tinted moisturizer, not even the way Perfect Skin Miracle was.

I would say that this is a good primer for makeup, and I did find that the foundations I used on top did last a little bit better, and my T-zone would be shine-free a little bit longer.
However I have not been able to use this for more than a few weeks because I don't find it moisturizes my skin at all. Now that we're in Autumn, I do need a bit of moisture, and my skin was starting to feel tight from using this daily.
I also have no idea if it does work against dark spots, uneven texture etc as I haven't used it long enough, but my guess would be that those issues would be tackled better with more active ingredients like glycolic acid or retinol.

Probably a nice product if you're combination or oily and are looking for a day cream that doubles at a primer - but not moisturizing enough if you're normal to dry.
The price isn't cheap either, particularly in the US, and I don't know if I would recommend spending USD 72 on this - unless you're a die hard fan of the brand.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Cream : €38 - £30 - $72 

Ingredient list for the science nerds:
Active Ingredients: Octocrylene 10%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) 7.5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone) 3%, Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate) 2%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate), Squalane*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit*, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, PEG-20 Stearate*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Bisabolol*, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocopherol*, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract*, Cyclodextrin*, Citric Acid*, Phospholipids*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate*, BHT, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to try Caudalie for a while, even though they're much too expensive. I'll be giving this one a pass and maybe try something else. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!