September 4, 2012

The best body scrub in the world.


I hate body scrubs. Honestly, I just can't be bothered.
However, when you've spent a month piling on the fake time, there comes a time where you just can't leave your legs full of beigy patches of crocodile skin, it's just not appealing.
And so, over the years, I've used-but-not-really-liked quite a lot of body scrubs. 
Until this one.

I read about it in Sali Hughes' column and since I was ordering other stuff from Ren, thought I'd give it a try. Plus, I like the idea of Guérande Salt, it sounds premium in a foodie way but very natural at the same time. (Have you tried Guérande Salt on a carpaccio? It's to die for).

What the brand says:
A gently exfoliating body balm which removes dead cells and will leave your skin moisturised, renewed and glowing.
Results:
Gently exfoliates, moisturises and nourishes
Skin feels renewed, glowing and smoothed
How to use:
Massage onto dry skin before bathing or showering. Rinse off.
My experience with the product.

I was quite surprised to read that you should use this on dry skin, although you can use it on wet skin if you want. But I decided to follow the recommendations. This indeed looks more like a balm than like a pile of salt (which I did use at some point in my exfoliation adventures). You don't need much and it's very easy to work into the skin.
Do it in the bathtub, though, because you'll loose some crumbles during the process and that wouldn't be nice on the bathroom floor. Then, shower and rinse off.

Result: not only is this effective as a scrub, but it leaves the skin so smooth and hydrated that I didn't even put on moisturiser after using it. Real bonus! I hate moisturising my body as much as I hate scrubbing it.
Also, there's no strong smell to this product, especially as you rinse it off (it's a bit herbal when you apply but that doesn't last long), and I don't like heavy smell on products, especially when I apply them before going to bed.
Finally a body scrub I'll be happy to keep using.

Ingredients for the science nerds:
Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Laureth 3, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Tocopherol.

REN Guérande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm : 330ml, £20 - from REN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!