October 23, 2012

La Roche Posay Hydreane BB cream



Quite a while ago, blog posts popped here and there about La Roche Posay having a BB cream that was only available in Asia. That one was called Uvidea XL and had an SPF of 50.
I thought the BB cream recently released on the Western market was the same, but no: what we have here is called Hydreane (which was formerly the name of their tinted moisturizer) and has an SPF of 20 only.
Yet, I had to try it - it seems like I'll never give up on fiding a BB cream that works for me even though my experiences till now have never been great.


What the brand says about the product :

The 1st BB cream with La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water, formulated for sensitive skin.
Unifying-moisturizing care for sensitive skin.
Protective SPF 20. Anti-dull effect.
In only one step, it moisturizes, soothes and protects the skin. The BB mineral pigments melt in the skin for an immediately unified, evened and fresh-faced complexion. Its smooth and non-greasy texture softens and supples the skin. Tested under dermatological control. Paraben-free. Non comedogenic. Hypoallergenic. Nickel-controlled*. Available in 2 shades.
(*formulated to contain only the minimum quantity of nickel).

My experience with it:

Dear La Roche Posay, you  made a lovely BB cream for sensitive skin, WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE TO ADD THAT AWFUL FRUITY FRAGRANCE TO IT?

This is pretty much the whole story as far as I am concerned.
I put the product on, the Light color was looking quite nice on me (NC15), and the texture was feeling quite moisturizing, unlike most of the BB creams I had tried in the past.

But that awful fruity smell just wouldn't go away, and after 15 mins of smelling it and feeling a migraine starting, I had to remove everything and admit defeat: I'll never be able to wear this.

If you're not smell-sensitive, though, this is a nice product. As I said, it's not dry and thick like lots of BB creams. You can chose between two colors and the light one is really light and not orange. It blends easily onto the skin and does even out the texture by covering mid reness.
I read in lot of reviews that this was setting matte and I didn't find it to be true on me. Had I worn this all day, I would have had to powder the t-zone at least, maybe even the whole face as the slightly sticky feel of the product was still there after 10 mins (you wouldn't apply blusher directly on that without it going patchy). I would consider this luminous, the same way Nars Radiant TM is.


Bottom line
A nice moisturizing BB cream, with a bit more coverage and hydration than a standard TM, but not for those with a sensitive nose.

Ingredients list for the science nerds:

AQUA / WATER, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, OCTOCRYLENE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR SULFONIC ACID, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ZEA MAYS OIL / CORN OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL, PASSIFLORA EDULIS OIL / PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, STEARIC ACID, ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, SILICA, BENZYL BENZOATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, CETYL ALCOHOL, BHT, ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL / RICE BRAN OIL, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, MICA.

7 comments:

  1. I will definitely give it a try because I am not scent sensitive and I like LRP and BB creams in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I was really looking forward trying this BB cream, just great that they threw perfume in it, just great! *sulks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really like the sound of this, apart from the super strong scent!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It beats me why so many brands make sensitive skin products and then add a buttload of fragrance to them - hello, Clarins and Caudalie. It just defeats the purpose :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally defeats the purpose! On the other hand I know cosmetics generally smell really bad if you don't add any fragrance, and that "unscented" products always have a smell - a chemical one. Not great either.

      Delete
  5. I've always wondered about the La Roche Posay BB Cream...yikes it is suitable for those with NC15 skin...I'll have to pass...and the fruity fragrance is v unfortunate. Thanks for the review though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get why they'd add fragrance to a facial product. People with sensitive skin can't use it, and even those with non-sensitive skin may be afraid to try it after smelling it. I'd also prefer the SPF50 as 20 is too low. I burn easily.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!