October 3, 2012

Team Coromandel FOTD



Chanel just relaunched their Rouge Allure range (my favorite kind of Chanel lipsticks: no rose smell and not a drying formula) and have made a few gorgeous additions to the range, among which a few fantastic reds. Those come with matching nailpolishes for a stunning effect.

While Pirate is an iconic color that I was prepared to adopt and love, it turned out that this one pulled more raspberry on me, which wasn't what I was after. So instead I chose the beautiful Coromandel (named after the perfume, I suppose).

Coromandel is a gorgeous deep red with a slight bit of orange in it. I think that's what will make it wearable all year long: orange based reds are brightening in the Winter but also look gorgeous in the Summer.
The finish is satin, and the Rouge Allure formula is generally very comfortable to wear.

Here's my face of the day wearing it:


Yes, I am aware I did go overboard on the glow, I don't care!



Other products used:
Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer #2
Becca Loose Powder in Sesame
To contour: Illamasqua Skin Base in AU
To highlight: Illamasqua Gleam in Aurora
Blush: Illamasqua Naked Rose
Eyeshadows are Inglot Pearl 402 and another Pearl (sorry, number unknown) in the other corner
YSL Faux Cils Mascara


Have you tried the new Rouge Allures? What shades are you loving?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think you went overboard on the glowy, your skin looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skin looks lovely and Coromandel is gorgeous!!!! I've seen you went back to YSL Faux Cils, was Givenchy Noir Couture that similar to Faux Cils??? I'm about to get a replacement for my Noir Couture (after 3 months, it's time to) and I'm wondering if I should repurchase or try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific color on you, and I love the pairing with the purple jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shade and look on you, as you know ;) Unfortunately it's not quite as pop-y on me right now. Maybe I need to go blonder :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!