November 12, 2012

Galenic Aquapulpe Masque Réhydratant Express - a Sisley Express Flower Gel dupe?




Galénic is a brand that never gets talked about in the beauty blogosphere, enven though it is distributed outside of France. And to be honest, I wouldn't know about it myself if I had not worked years ago in the pharmacy business and hadn't had a bit of training around that range.
Galénic is owned by the same laboratories that own Avène, so you can imagine that the products have high quality standards. However, this brand is marketed as a pleasure brand: the formulations are more luxurious, often scented, they're not aimed at problematic skins like Avene is.

The Aquapulpe range, of which this product is part, is their moisturizing range. It contains wild berries extracts and loads of water.
I was recommended this mask by a pharmacist during my last shopping trip to France. I was telling her about my skin being quite dehydrated in Winter and she said this product is very nice, because it absorbs in 2 mins and so you can really use it at any time for a quick hydration boost. So I decided to give it a try.


My experience with the product.
This comes in a tube, and the formula is a light pink gel that is slightly secented of berries - but nothing strong.
It applies easily and leaves a refreshing, slightly cool feeling onto the skin.
It starts drying pretty easily and after 3 minutes, you can only just feel a little tackiness on the surface, but after 10 mins it's completely absorbed and you don't feel anything but a soft veil on the skin.


I was very surprised at how much this product feels like the Sisley Express Flower Gel MaskI don't have the Sisley ingredients list to compare but to me, from a user's point of view, there's hardly any difference between the two products. The texture is similar, the feeling on the skin is similar, and the result is similar: a nice hydrating pick-me up but in my opinion nothing that will cure a very dehydrated flakey skin. 
However, given this is about 25% of the price of the Sisley and so similar to it, I would definitely recommend this Galénic mask as a nice treat or for in-flights skin hydration (something for which the Sisley mask is very popular).
Not a miracle product, but a winner in terms of quality for the price.


Galénic Aquapulpe Masque Réhydratant Express - 50ml, 14€
Visit Galénic's website here.

Ingredient list for the science nerds:
Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Betaine, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dimethicone,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin,Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Menthol, Propylene Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Ribes Rubrum (Currant) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extrat, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethanolamine, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review as it sounds really interesting. I've never tried the Sisley mask but would definitely be willing to try this for 14€. I will have to remember to ask my Mum to pick some up for me next time she's in France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I've heard good things about Sisley, however I haven't tried anything from either brand. It looks like something worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...interesting. I think I wanna try it out. Based upon your review, it looks like a great product to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know any place where it's possible to order this online and that ships internationally? I'm really dying to try this since I really want to get the Sisley one, but it's just too expensive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but just find this in google :
      http://www.sweetcare.pt/EN/galenic-aquapulpe-intense-moisturisers-with-wildberries-p-CM0416GA.aspx
      and it looks serious? but there are others, just google it, I'm sure you can find a place that works for you.
      The prices are probably going to be marked up a bit, though, as it will never be as cheap as in France where I bought it, but it's still a bargain compared to the Sisley!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm a bit unsure about it, but will keep looking. I have another silly question. I'm looking for a mask like the Sisley one, and I've seen you have tested both the LRP Hydraphase Intense and the Bioderma hydrabio masks. Which would you say is the closest to the Sisley?

      Delete
    3. None, they are both rich creams while the Sisley is a gel. The LRP works best though.

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!