January 17, 2013

Face of the Day: cool pinks and taupes


Some weird weather change happened and after weeks of gloominess (is that even a word?), we suddenly got snow. Which means I got snowed in for a whole day - with my makeup and with daylight! Good time to take pictures!

This is a cool toned pinks and taupes themes, which I think fits January very well (enough of the Christmas golds and reds already!)



Products used:
Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland
Illamasqua Skin Base in AU to contour
Illamasqua Promise cream blush
Illamasqua Gleam Cream highlighter
Burberry Pale Barley eyeshadow
Inglot matte cool taupe eyeshadow in the crease (don't have the number)
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Dior Addict in It Pink on the lips



I love the very glowy and slightly pink looks for this time of the year, I think they're very flattering on pale skins in the cool toned light.

Sad note: Burberry Pale Barley, which is one of the prettiest taupes I've ever seen, is now discontinued as it was in fact limited edition for 2012 only. It seems to be out of stock everywhere already. I am very glad I got it last month, not knowing it would soon disappear, but very sad I could not get a replacement if needed.
(Who am I fooling, I never finish any eyeshadow!) If I hear of a dupe, I will let you know. For now you can use something along the lines of Inglot Pearl 402 (but it's a bit darker and pinkier).

3 comments:

  1. hi love!

    how do you like the gleam cream? I have it coming to me in the mail...whole FOTD looks gorgeous. Btw, I will get around to PMing you shortly :)

    Nonni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I like the effect but the texture is a bit hard and harder to apply than, say, Jemma Kidd dewy glow. But as a result it feels and looks less greasy as well. I hope you'll like it!

      Delete
  2. Pretty! Taupes really suit you! Gosh, so sad to hear that Pale Barley is gone, it was on my list *cries*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!