February 22, 2013

The "Use as many products as possible" challenge FOTD

You know how those makeup challenges are popular in the beauty blogosphere: a 4 products face, a 10$ face (good luck with that in Europe, you don't even buy a drugstore mascara for that price), a drugstore only face...

But what about a challenge where you use whatever products you have but make it a really full face, with as many products as possible, without looking like a drag or a Kardashian
I think that, contrary to what lots of people think, it can take a whole lot of products to do a natural face (even if it doesn't necessarily have to), and what looks "too much" on a face is not the quantity but rather the application.

So this morning I managed to put on no less than 23 products:




No, the Lutens perfumes don't count, they're just on display because I'm wearing them (both, yes) and they look pretty in the picture.
And here's me wearing this all:






Let's have a look at what I used. I'm going to put a little * next to items I usually do not wear on a daily basis.

FACE:
Laura Mercier Illuminating Primer*
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10
Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer in #2
Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector (wear this most of the time but sometimes skip it)
Nars Penny Lane Cream blush * (rarely wear 2 blushers unless it's to create a new color)
Nars Sex Appeal blush
Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow*

Becca Loose Powder in Sesame

EYES:
Brows: Shiseido brow pencil in shade #002, Mac Omega e/s, Essence gel
Nars eyeshadow primer
The 5 eyeshadows on the top row of the Inglot palette, which are Matte 351, 390, 358, 363 and 329 * (I don't always use 5 shadows on a daily basis, I can do with 3)
Mac chromographic pencil in NC15/NW20 on waterline*
Mac champagne eyeliner in the inner corner to brighten*
Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing mascara on bottom lashes*
Clinique High Impact mascara on top lashes

LIPS:
Dior Universal lip liner*
Bourjois 3D Max volume lipgloss




I think this is absolutely daytime/office appropriate and doesn't look like 23 products. It doesn't feel to heavy to wear either but it's definitely more time consuming to apply that many products so I am glad I can skip a few on a daily basis!

What's the maximum amount of products you use?

4 comments:

  1. Hah, this is rather brilliant! I think the idea is awesome, must try this too ^^. You really used all the products in a very smart way and the result is so natural, I would have never guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very original idea :-D Let's see...*starts counting*... I use about 18 to 20 products on a daily basis. That is actually a lot... But like three of them are primers, and I always use multiple shades of eyeshadow that I combine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous and effortless. Well done, M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! The most makeup products I ever used was 12, and that's counting things I use very little of, like a shadow for the inner tear duct area or brow bone highlighter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!