March 28, 2013

Clinique High Impact Mascara


You know how I review mascaras and always tell you that nothing is as good as YSL Faux-Cils? Well, hang on, the story might be different this time.

In December, I received a mini of this Clinique mascara in my beauty box subscription. That's the only way I would ever have tried it, because I never really looked at Clinique mascaras at all. My Faux Cils was on its last leg and I decided to give this one a try immediately.

I was actually very positively surprised! I like big fat brushes with bristles (hate the rubber/plastic wands) and this one is one of that kind, but it's not so huge that it would scare you or be too big for small eyes.

This is definitely a high impact mascara, in the sense that it does lenghten, volumize without clumping, and definitely make your lashes look more dramatic. The formula is neither too thick nor too wet, and you don't need a million coat for it to be effective. The color is a really black black.

So, does it compare with YSL Faux-Cils? I do think it is a good competitor. I noticed 2 major differences:
- YSL Faux-Cils resists better to watery eyes, while the Clinique will definitely smudge, which is its major inconvenient. If you don't weep a lot or don't have watery eyes, that won't bother you.
- Clinique High Impact is 20€, while YSL Faux Cils is now 27€. If you go through 4 tubes a year (one every 3 months), you save 28€... which pays for an extra tube of mascara!

And so I have actually bought a full size tube of High Impact, for real guys! I still have a back-up of Faux Cils in a drawer, in case of special occasion that really requires the most intense oomph on the market, but High Impact is very very nice and perfect for daily use.
I absolutely recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Yaay I'm glad to hear you found a good alternative to your HG! I remember trying one Clinique mascara in the past (High Lengths), but it didn't quite work out for me because the formula was rather wet. Also the wand is REALLY awkward for my smaller eyes. Maybe I should give Clinique a second chance tho!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!