April 11, 2013

An introduction to Chanel Les Beiges


"The best things in life are free. The second best things in life are expensive." Coco Chanel

Some things are really too pretty to pass on.
I needed a new powder compact for touch ups, and Chanel just released Les Beiges in this absolutely beautiful packaging.

Let's have a look inside :


That's the box it comes in.
The inside of the compact is black with a large mirror and a nice little brush.


And that's the powder!
So what is this new magic product exactly? It's mostly a press powder, one that is very fine and goes on quite sheer. It has no shimmer whatsoever but it gives a slight glow, kind of a soft-focus effect, to the skin while still mattifying it.

It comes in different shades, the first one being #10 - but it is not sold in my country. So I went for #20 even though I am B10 in most Chanel foundations, but it works quite well because it goes on lighter than what it looks like in the pan. It is also quite sheer so you can get along with a shade that is not exactly your skintone.

Here is me wearing it, on top of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10.



After trying the product, I would say that it's great (and pretty) to look in your purse for touch ups during the day. If you are looking for a mattifying powder for an oily skin, I don't think this will be enough as it didn't keep me shine free all day and I am not even that oily. But since I was looking for a product to touch up on the go, this is perfect. At 38€, it is also reasonably priced compared to other high end brands.

You can see the product in action is this video as well as the Le Beige kabuki brush,  but I personally don't think that this powder would be enough as a base on its own, unless you have perfect skin already. I actually don't think Lisa Eldridge had nothing on her skin before applying it.



Have you tried Les Beiges? Did you like?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mariella, I'm glad you got it and like it! I agree with you though. This most probably can't be used alone as a foundation. I guess maybe on top of a tinted moisturizer just to make it look more finished? I've got to try that now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would be lovely too, providing you use concealer if you need coverage!

      Delete
  2. Having seen Lisa's bare face in her videos, she's definitely wearing foundation in the video above :-) Well, I guess she said apply onto clean skin, not bare face >.< LOL! It's an interesting product, but I'm more intrigued with the brush. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely on you!xx

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!