April 3, 2013

Five new Makeup Geek eyeshadow swatches and FOTD




Makeup Geek just released five new colors that I find absolutely perfect for Spring so I was really excited to try them.
As usual, they are very pigmented and have an easy to blend texture. Let me show you some swatches photographed in daylight (in the sun, even, who thought it would ever come back?)

Simply Marlena, Graphite, Cosmopolitan, Frappé, Hipster

Simply Marlena is a bright matte pink, and it's Marlena's favorite color (I am totally jealous she did this, if I were to create my own makeup line I would obviously love to give my name to my favorite shade!). It is very pigmented and it shows up extremely well with just one swipe.
Graphite is well, a graphite grey, and it has silver specks to it that I find very pretty
Cosmopolitan is a rose gold with gold flecks and a shimmery finish to it, it is a good dupe for Mac Expensive Pink and is very pretty as a wash of single color, as well as in more complex looks
Frappé is a matte medium maple shade, a very pretty warm crease shade
Hipster is the only one I had to pack on a bit more for the swatch to show up well, but it is a gorgeous shade that lays somewhere between dark sand and light tan - I would just say a very pretty taupe with a bit of shimmer. A great one for taupe and neutral lovers.

Inspired by some Shiseido looks I recently saw on the web (the mix of sand and pink shades is very present in their Spring collection) I decided to use 4 of the shades together to create this Springy look!



On the lid: Hipster outer part, Cosmopolitan inner part.
In the crease: Cosmopolitan, with a touch of Simply Marlena for a pop of color in the inner part 
Along the lashline: Graphite smoked up and out


Blush is Illamasqua Tremble!

Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans can be ordered from the Makeup Geek store for $5.99 (international shipping available)


*Disclaimer : I received these shadows from the Makeup Geek store for free. I was not asked to review them nor am I getting any compensation for this review. My opinion on them is honest, as usual.

6 comments:

  1. Haha exactly! Who would have thought the sun would EVER come back (so glad it did though)!

    Out of the 5 I like Cosmopolitan the most! I don't own that many rose golds. The only one I can think of for the moment is Chopper in Naked 2, but it seems very different from this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't keep Naked 2 (too cool toned for me) but I did buy Chopper as a single as it was so pretty. It's a bit darker and more pink I think.

      Delete
  2. Did you say "taupe"?

    I have yet to try Marlena's eyeshadows. Graphite and Hipster look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Marlena has me totally starry-eyed! I love the way you wear these warm orangey brown shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Cosmopolitan shade.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!