April 24, 2013

Laura Mercier Secret Finish

Last week-end I had a makeover at Laura Mercier with a group of girlfriends. We had a really nice time and were introduced to quite a few very nice products from the range. I will need to give you the details of the subsequent little haul.
You would think by now I'd know about everything - well, everything that isn't new - in the beauty market, but this Secret Finish had to be a well-kept one because I had never heard of it. 
Let me tell you this: it is seriously under-hyped and deserves much more publicity!

What the brand says about this:

A secret last step that helps set makeup and leaves the skin with a youthful glow.
  • Use a refresher for skin anytime during the day
  • Leaves a radiant look
  • Skin looks lifted and tightened
  • Works great after Foundation Powder application to prevent powder from looking dry in fine lines
  • Instantly gives a moist and natural looking glow to the skin
  • Oil-free
  • Can be used by all skin types
How it was used on me:
The makeup artist followed the directions that the brands give: you pour a little bit of the cream in the palm of your hands, rub your hands together and pat -not rub- all over the face, paying attention to the undereye area too. It is as simple as that. After a minute, the products sets in and your skin is left glowy and fresh and feeling velvety.

Demonstration!


This is me having applied the product 7 hours after having put on my makeup. Can you believe how fresh and glowy it looks?

Of course you can use the product in the morning immediately after makeup application, for example to get rid of a powdery feel.
If you are oily skinned, there is a mattifying version of the product.

Laura Mercier Secret Finish, 30ml: €33/US$ 27

Ingredient list for the science nerds:
Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Bisabolol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance, Red 4, Yellow 5. 

12 comments:

  1. Mariella you just about sold me this product! I don't think I've heard about it either, but dang your makeup looks good after 7 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this product is a little miracle, I'm telling you!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this before now either but it sounds amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using this stuff for years. Love it under the eyes as well. Definitely under-rated product that deserves so much more hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I wish I had heard of it befor!e

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing! And thank you for the list of ingredients! Wonderful review! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I haven't heard of this! There's a mattifying version too? I have to check it out. This is interesting! Thanks for letting us know, my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a mattifying version so everyone can be happy :)

      Delete
  6. this looks flawless on yo! great review, hun

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, just picked this baby up. My eyes are extremely dry so I'm hoping this product will do the job. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!