June 21, 2013

All about the glow!

My cheeks have a tendency to be dehydrated and dry, and the thing that upsets me the most with this situation is that it makes my skin look really dull. I think that matte, dull skin is the most aging thing and so I'm really not happy with that and always on the hunt for solutions that bring some glow back.

Enters a new discovery: Illamasqua Lies cream blush.
Lies is a very pale pearlescent cream blusher. It will actually hardly show up as a blusher but the color in it does add some extra dimension that a regular cream highlighter like Gleam does not have. It does performs extremely well in the glow department, to the point that you could make your skin look like plastic with it if you wanted.




How I use it: I start with applying a little bit of a regular blush, here Illamasqua Naked Rose - because I find that Lies on its own does not give me enough color for my liking.
Then, I pat Lies on top with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. And bham: mega glow.


Color wise, this is foolproof, but as I said it can look unnatural (and feel a bit sticky) if you go overboard, so try to stay reasonable with it.

What are you currently using to highlight your cheeks?





8 comments:

  1. Hi Mariella!
    Well, favourite highlighters used in rotation have to be Becca's Moonstone, Illamasqua's Aurora, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer and in winter I adore Urban Decay's Virgin eyeshadow to dust on the cheekbones :)

    I, too, was flirting with Lies, but I keep postponing as it looks so very gleamy and I am hesitant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I did use a lot to be sure it would show properly on the pics, you can't control it a bit more in real life :) But if you're happy with the ones you have, it's probably not necessary.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, Lies IS super dewy! Since my cheeks are pretty much just normal, I highlight a little but I don't look for something like this. I've been using the Chanel spring highlighter since I got it, but I'm also very fond of the Guerlain bronzer/highlighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like powder higlighters as well, especially for more precise application.

      Delete
  3. That's so pretty on you! I have the same issue of dry, dehydrated cheeks and haven't really found anything yet that gives the effect I want. I might just have to order this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned, I have another product review coming for dehydrated skin!

      Delete
  4. I can just about see the subtle glow on your cheeks, like your skin is happy and healthy.

    I am a massive highlighter junkie and purchased Gleam, never seen this one before though, will have to give it a good swatch next time I'm at illamasqua.

    Have you tried Topshop's Glow? It such a creamy highlighter, my friend with dry skin swears by this stuff!

    Great review, lovely!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never had the opportunity to try TopShop makeup but it's on my list next time I head to the UK!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!