June 4, 2013

May Favorites

May was a strange month on the weather front: we had a few (very few) sunny days that made us think that Spring was really there, and then they were followed by weeks of rain and wind and temperatures you normally get in March.
As a result I still haven't switched my wardrobe to Summer, or started using fake tan - I only introduced a bit of bronzer because I'm so tired of this never ending Fall/Winter that has been going on for 8 months. At least, col temperatures allow you to wear more makeup without melting off!


Hydraluron.
Bad windy weather going on means my skin is still dehydrated, and this moisture booster was of great help all month! Definitely a must have, I'm scared of running out of it since you can only get it from the UK at the moment.





Guerlain Gel Top Coat.
I am absolutely in love with this - I have used it over all my manicures this month. Unfortunately it doesn't make anything in terms of making your polish last longer, quite the opposite in fact in my experience. But I don't care, the effect is just so pretty.



Cool toned matte smokeys and my Inglot palette.
I have had this palette for just a year now and I love it so much I actually hit pan on one of the base shades already! I found myself a little obsessed this month (or is it not just this month?) with cool toned smokey eyes and this is the perfect palette to create them.


Mac Temperature Rising Quads: Bare my Soul and Temperature Rising.
I can't remember the last time I bought anything from a Mac temporary collection but this month I found that the Temperature Rising collection was really cool and decided to get those 2 quads.
I particularly like the one on the left, Bare my Soul, which is a great combination of neutrals with a hint of green - the kind of green that you'd find in Mac Club eyeshadow, but minus the duochrome. The pale shimmery taupe reminds me a lot of Burberry Pale Barley. This is just a gorgeous palette for everyday or more dramatic looks, and I've been using it on days where I didn't want matte eyes.


Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise duo in Coral.
This bronzer blush duo was all over blogs this month and wow, isn't it pretty? The packaging itself is state of the art, the bronzer suits pale skins and the coral blush is fresh and pretty. I just find that it's a bit hard in texture, which is something I don't like in blushes, but it does compliment the bronzer very well. And I find the bronzer easy to apply without overdoing it using a big fat powder brush. This comes with a mini kabuki but it's a bit scratchy and probably more suited for blush due to its size.  Definitely a purchase I won't regret.



Chanel Les Beiges.
Another well loved product, this doesn't leave my purse and is so perfect for touch ups through the days, as it mattifies the skin without making you look cakey - it just removes the unwanted shine, makes your skin look smoother, and smells very nice. Plus, perfect packaging as well.

What were your favorites this month?

5 comments:

  1. New reader here! The Guerlain top coat looks great, I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri that has a similar effect in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dior Coral Glow is definitely on my list! Out of the top of my head, Spring Ball Addict Extreme too! I have put such a substantial dent in that lipstick that I'm kinda proud of myself LOL

    And yes, skin. I'm going to write a post about it. It so freaked out about 10 days ago because the weather was confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Dior Paradise Duo. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder why you love these products. They all look like great products to try out. I am tempted with the Mac palette. I so like the shades and the packaging. I'll check on this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!