August 28, 2013

Illamasqua Sacred Hour haul




Illamasqua just released their Fall collection called Sacred Hour.
I was thrilled to discover that there were lots of new and innovative products in this collection, and decided to get two of them (that a lovely friend purchased for me when they were pre-released at Selfridges, and sent me over across the Channel).



Introducing: Reflection Eye Palette, and Velvet Blusher in Peaked.

The palette is made of 4 shades that are the new generation of cream gel shadows, which were released this Spring with a very bright colorful palette. This new release is much more my cup of tea in terms of shades, so I was very excited to try this new palette!


The shades are beautiful and complex, with a lovely sheen to them. They are extremely easy to apply and to blend and you can create a sophisticated look in a few minutes, even using just your fingers.
The one down side of them is that they will crease after a 5-6 hours, even with Nars primer underneath, but I do want to try them with other primers and see how they behave. 



The blush is also a new texture of cream, that is very different from the usual cream blushers in the range. It has more of a matte satin finish, but the pigmentation is still incredible and the longevity is excellent. Peaked is a dusky rose that is quite dark, but it is blendable and I do think pale skintones can make it work.

I'm very excited about this collection and those new goodies, and I already know I'm going to wear them loads for Fall, probably with a vampy lip!

Have you tried anything from this collection?


5 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from this brand but that cream blush looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are really pretty! Peaked is so so autumn-appropriate, and I love how Reflection looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was and still am tempted by the cream blushers so I'm sure I'll end up with them sooner or later. I picked up the lipstick and Hemlock polish for work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. and you blog is very nice

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never tried any on this collection but upon seeing these products, I would love to try it out. I love the color of the blush and I think its perfect for my skin tone. Love also to try the palette for its not too dark and not too light on the skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!