August 10, 2013

Recent Empties



I didn't make a favorite post this month, because I pretty much said it all about my July favorites in my Instructions for a Heatwave post. But I have a few empties for you and thought I'd talk you through them.

Taaj Eau Micellaire that I reviewed last year : this was a travel size bottle I got for free. Still a nice product to use in Summer with its citrusy smell.

Eucerin DermatoClean Micellar Water : another travel size, which I received in my Deauty beauty box a couple of months ago. I would say this works pretty well, and it's unscented. But I do find it stings my eyes a little bit, which Bioderma never do. I don't mind removing my face makeup with a cleanser and a cloth, but I do want to remove my eye makeup first with a micellaire, so if the products stings my eye, it doesn't really work for me. Good makeup remover for the face, though, but I won't purchase.

The Body Shop Shea Scrub for the body. I recently raved about some Body Shops products, and I need to add this one to the list. I got this mini size in a Deauty box as well, it had enough in it for 3 full body scrubs and I used it before self tanning. It leaves the skin feeling really soft and moisturized.
It's not as abrasive as the REN Guerande Salt scrub but if you have sensitive skin it's probably better. Also, it's not really scented (unless the REN that smells a bit weird), which can be a good thing.

Diorskin Nude foundation sample : this foundation was reformulated last year, and I got this sample to try but as usual, it was too dark for me so I put it aside to wait for Summer so I could wear it.
I must say that I am not really liking it. In terms of coverage, it's very similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but it is much thicker in texture and I don't really like that. It's harder to apply and it does look like makeup. Also, it does contain alcohol so I couldn't wear it in Winter. This being said, it lasts longer and better than the Chanel VA, so that is a good point. 

I know, I'm cheating a bit with all these minis, but I thought the small reviews would be useful to some.
Have you used up something recently?


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love citrusy scents... so refreshing and it makes me happy :-) Haven't tried Eucerin but I've been reading pretty good stuff about it. Minis and samples count too, Mariella! I mean, some samples can last for a long time ;-P

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!