November 21, 2013

Neutrogena Body Creams



I was recently given the opportunity to test out 3 Neutrogena body moisturizers.
I’m sure you all heard at some point of the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula which is great to protect your skin and keep it moisturized even during Winter’s coldest days under the worse climate.
The uniqueness of this formula lies in an ingredient called 'Jasparello', which is a synthetic copy of a very protective fish skin oil. This, combined which glycerin (which we know is a great humectant) makes for the efficiency of Neutrogena's products.

Since my body skin is usually a bit dry, prone to eczema, and gets extremely dry, itchy and uncomfortable during Winter (which is partly my fault because I’m lazy with moisturizers) , I thought I could surely benefit from using this range.  So I’ve been using it daily for almost 4 weeks now, and I can share my thoughts !

The moisturizing balm
My favorite of the bunch, although it’s not the most moisturizing one. This is a gel cream formula in a jar, that is very light, feels very refreshing on the skin, and has a light fresh smell. I think that’s why I like it the most : it’s so fresh, so light, and also, it sinks into your skin within seconds. I don’t have to wait before I can get dressed.
Great bonus : you can wear this on the face, too ! So it’s a fantastic multi-tasker for dry skin.

The Intense Repair Body Cream
If your dry skin has fallen on the very problematic side of dry, e.g. you look like a crocodile, you’re itchy, your skin has no natural protection film left whatsoever and has lost all of its moisture, this is the product for you.
This is a thicker cream, and it still has a quite fresh, non-offensive smell. What’s great about this is that it does sink into the skin quite fast, too, but it does create a protective film on your skin that really keeps the moisture in for 24 hours, until your next shower.
I am really impressed by this product. It does require a few more seconds than the balm to blend in and to dry, but it’s incredibly effective.
Another bonus point : the bottle with the pump make it really easy to use hygienically.

The Deep MoistureBody Lotion 
This one is meant for dry skin, not for extreme conditions. I did find, however, that it felt thicker and more sticky than the intense one, and that its smell was a bit more chemical as well, which I found a bit unpleasant. For me, I rather use the intense lotion that I feel gives me better protection but that will sink in faster and won’t be sticky.
This being said, it’s not a bad product at all, it will moisturize your skin well, but given the choice within the range, it’s not my favorite.

The overall conclusion.

Great range, great result, and very affordable prices : €9.95 to €11.95 for these three products.
Really, what’s not to like ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!