November 1, 2013

October Favorites

I haven't done favorites in a long time, mostly because I wasn't rotating many products and there was no point in showing the same stuff month after month.
But with the change in season, I really changed my routine in October. And this week we even got a sunny day so I could shoot pictures!




Clarins Extra Comfort foundation (reviewed here) is definitely the base of the month! I have been using it religiously and my skin really likes it as it's very comfortable. Coverage is great, and you can also get along with just a little bit on discolored areas if you want - leaving the rest of the skin bare or using a tinted moisturizer (the Nars Radiant one is great).

Korres Multivitamin Powder for Oily/Combination skin (shade 12N) : I got this in my beauty box subscription at the end of September and have used it daily since. It's mattifying without being heavy or cakey, it has no smell, the color is perfect for me. The compact has a real mirror too so you can use it on the go. 

Illamasqua Naked Rose and Bourjois Cream Blush in 01 have been on my cheeks a lot, although I'm currently working on re-trying every blush in my (huge) collection to re-assess which ones suit me or not, so I can hopefully get rid of a few things and find some much needed room in my storage unit.

Clarins Instant Light lipgloss (pink shade) : I'm not a huge gloss fan anymore (stickiness, long hair, windy month... you get the picture) but this one is easy to wear. You can apply without a mirror, it's moisturizing, it's flattering and it smells good (vanilla). So I keep it in my bag and apply on the go.

YSL Faux Cils mascara : what can I say, this is still my favorite mascara in the world



On the eyes, I've been using a limited amount of shades, mostly in the way I illustrated here.
My favorite shadows for this have been:
- the pale side of Nars Dogon duo, which is a gorgeous duochrome shade, a taupe-mauve with a blue green shot through
- Nars Lahsa, a more purple mauve
- my trusty palette of cool toned Inglot mattes, particularly the mauve and beige shades.

I forgot this one in the picture, so forgive me for the random image. As a liner along the lashline, I've been liking Mac Powerchrome Pencil in Polished Jet, which is a kind of steely blue green with glitter in it. It's looking fabulous with the pale shade of Nars Dogon on top!

And here's me with most of these on my face!


What were your favorites in October?

10 comments:

  1. This is the quintessential Mariella look to me :) Love that pop of Dogon (I think?) on your lashline and the glowy skin :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lashline = Polished Jet Pencil + light side of Dogon on top and on the whole lid.
      Thanks you my dear <3

      Delete
  2. I am curious about the Bourjois cream blushes.. I haven't tried any! Always fun to see other bloggers' picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one to try them, the light pink would be really nice on your pale skin!

      Delete
  3. Great picks, Mariella! I see Lhasa here. That reminds me: I have to swatch it now I'm close to a gazillion NARS counters! I did check out the blushes yesterday, but still nothing really speaks to me. I might be a little weird ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that crazy about Nars blushes either, especially the matte ones, I think they're all chalky and hard to blend. Sue me but I like Illamasqua a 100 times better!

      Delete
  4. You can really see the green tones in the MAC eyeliner on your eyes! I need to dig out my Clarins gloss/balm and start using it a bit more often, my lips have been so dry lately. Thanks for sharing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those blushes are on my wishlist, they look so pretty!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder why you love these products, they all look like great products to try out. I am curious on the liner. I'll def check on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want the clarins extra comfort foundation, it sounds amazing x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!