March 3, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes


Blushers. What could be nicer to start the week than new blushers? I'm telling you: nothing.
I never got interested in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders because a/the brand is hard to get here and b/finishing powders and I, we don't agree, they don't do much for me. But blushers? I bit the bullet and ordered internationally from SpaceNK. (Fantastic service, by the way).

So what about these? They are Diffused Heat, Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush. Aren't they pretty?
Yes, the packaging is beautiful too, and I like the good mirror and the fact they don't give you a crap brush that takes up place but that you will never use. However your fingerprints will be all over the gold packaging in no time - luckily it's much easier to clean than a Nars comapct!
The idea behind these blushers is that they are marbled with the lighting powders, and they will give you color as well as a "lit from within" glow.

Now let's have a look at them once they are applied!

This one is Luminous Flush.


This blush wears its name well: a very nice flush with a luminous quality to it, I really like it - more on myself than in the pan, in fact.

This is Dim Infusion.



Dim Infusion is the palest/less pigmented of the bunch. But it means you can be heavy handed with application, or build up the color to what you like, from very subtle to really warmer. 

And finally, Diffused Heat.


Diffused Heat looks a bit dark in the pan, and is indeed more pigmented, but as you see it can be applied with a light hand and will look really nice on a pale skin.

All three colors have the same qualities: they are very fine in texture, blend effortlessly, look like they are part of your skin and last all day. There is a slight luminizing quality to them but nothing really obvious, not as if you were wearing highlighter on top anyway. 
As they're not too crazily pigmented and don't go on patchy, I would almost say that they're foolproof.
Interesting fact: they contain no talc, no parabens, no fragrance, no gluten and no nano-particles.

Now, at £28 / US$ 35 each, I don't know if I would necessarily recommend them over Illamasqua blushers, for example. The pigmentation is a bit weak, it's something I enjoy because I have more control this way on my pale skin, but not everyone will appreciate that.
On the other hand, if you want to invest in a high end blusher that you can use with no fuss, I would say this performs better than a lot of luxury brands I've tried and I would chose Hourglass blushers over a Chanel baked one or a Dior one. 
Bottom line: these are very nice, but not necessarily a must have.

Have you tried them? What do you think?








6 comments:

  1. Love how they look , love the packaging too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mariella, I'm glad to hear you like these! I kinda want to try the formula, but I can't seem to find a shade that I don't already own dupes of! I guess I'll sit on the shopping impulse for a little longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, Sunny, you can't say they're un-dupable for someone with a large collection already :-s

      Delete
  3. Oh you got three of them! Niiiice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this formula, but I still can't decide which shade would look better on my coloring -fortunately I have time to make up my mind since Sephora Mx is taking a while to bring them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying so hard to resist these! I love the packaging and how pretty the blushes look in the pan but I don't need any more blushes!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!